Zucchini Quesadillas – These tremendous flavorful Zucchini Quesadillas are vegan (with cashew cheese) and served up with a flavorful Poblano Pumpkin Seed Salsa. Preserve them vegan or sub melty Mexican cheese! Both method, they’re tasty!
Here’s a recipe for vegan Zucchini Quesadillas highlighting lovely zucchini and summer time squash and their blossoms! These are served up with a flavorful Poblano Pumpkin Seed Salsa and creamy Cashew Cheese.
After all, you don’t need to preserve them vegan- or in case you like, you may make some vegan and a few not for combined households, however I needed to point out you a good way to make them vegan with out utilizing store-bought vegan cheese (which, in fact, is an efficient possibility too).
When you make the recipe, you’ll see how simple it might be so as to add different veggies to the mix- corn, peppers, mushrooms, and many others. This week, I’m additionally going to share how I make tortillas from scratch- additionally optionally available.
That is additionally a lovely option to incorporate the squash blossoms into your cooking- which in fact are optional- however so beautiful right here.
Right here we’ve obtained some lovely farmers market child zucchini and summer time squash and a few contemporary squash blossoms.
Cube or slice the zucchini up finely. You’ll solely want about 2 cups of zucchini.
Slice a candy onion.
Saute the candy onion till gentle and aromatic, then add the zucchini.
Season with the salt and spices.
Then after the zucchini is tender, wilt the blossoms. Tear the petals off and add to the saute.
Then add them to the pan with the veggies. Now you’ve got a flavorful filling for the vegan quesadillas!
Then assemble the vegan quesadillas!
Right here I’m utilizing a spreadable creamy vegan cashew cheese and home made sourdough and corn tortillas, however be at liberty to make use of different cheese in case you want and store-bought tortillas.
The creamy Cashew Cheese requires Three hours soaking time- so finest made forward!
Fold them up and pan sear!
The Roasted Poblano Salsa may also be made forward. Or make it when you saute the filling.
Roast the poblano on the range over a fuel flame within the oven.
Mix with the pumpkin seeds, cilantro and garlic.
This provides a lot taste to the quesadillas- don’t skip this half!
And belief me, you’ll loooooooove it.
A lot taste right here!
Serve them collectively on a platter or cutting board!
So anyhow, there you’ve got it. Scrumptious vegan quesadillas, full of summer time’s bounty of zucchini, summer time squash and their blossoms with creamy cashew cheese and flavorful Poblano Pumpkin Seed Salsa.
A fantastic method to make use of up all of the zucchini in your backyard or CSA packing containers. 🙂
So excited so that you can attempt these! Let me know what you assume or the way you adapt them within the feedback under!
clock icon cutlery icon flag icon folder icon instagram icon pinterest icon print icon squares icon
A tasty recipe for Zucchini Quesadillas with creamy cashew cheese and Poblano Pumpkin Seed Salsa. Vegan and scrumptious! (The optionally available Cashew Cheese requires Three hours soaking time- best to make this and Poblano Salsa forward.)
- 10–12 small tortillas (5-inches) use corn or flour or make your personal.
- Cashew Cheese (or sub goat cheese, or smoked mozzarella, Oaxacan string cheese, melty cheese or vegan cheese!)
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 candy onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cup veggies, diced small or thinly sliced- zucchini, summer time squash- or add peppers, corn, mushrooms, and many others.
- 2 cloves garlic, tough ch0pped
- half teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon cumin
- half teaspoon dried oregano, or thyme
- 6–10 squash blossoms-optional
- 1 half cups raw cashews, soaked in water, Three-24 hours
- Three/Four teaspoon salt
- Three–6 tablespoons water
- 2–Three teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- optionally available additions: nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, granulated garlic, contemporary herbs ( basil, cilantro parsley, cilantro, dill, and many others.) or dried herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary)
Make the Cashew Cheese if utilizing. (Requires Three hours soaking time) This may be made forward.
- Soak Cashew in water Three-24 hours. Drain the cashews saving the water.
- Place in a food processor with the salt and apple cider vinegar and pulse repeatedly. Scrape down the edges and proceed mixing, repeating if essential.
- Add the water, with the motor operating, a tablespoon at a time to get the specified consistency. Add any further seasonings. Retailer within the fridge in a sealed jar till utilizing. This can preserve Four days.
Poblano Pumpkin Seed Sauce: this may be made forward ( or similtaneously the filling).
- Roast the poblano chili immediately over a fuel flame on the stovetop, till blackened and blistered on all sides – or broil ( or roast) within the oven till skins blister. Place in a paper bag or wrap in a towel to steam for 10 minutes (this can soften the chili).
- Take away the stem and seeds and many of the charred bits- leaving somewhat char is nice right here.
- Place within the food processor with the remainder of the ingredients- cilantro, pumpkin seeds, oil, water, garlic, salt, coriander.
- Pulse and mix till uniformly mixed however not too easy. A bit texture is nice right here.
- Style. Add a tiny squeeze of lime in case you like and regulate salt. In case your pepper occurs to be too spicy (they do very in spicy degree) you’ll be able to mitigate the warmth by including extra pumpkin seeds, water, oil, after which keep in mind to reseason with extra salt and lime.
- Place in a bowl and serve a room temp, or, ff making forward, place in a sealed container and refrigerate for 2-Three days. The highest (uncovered to air) could discolor over time, so if making forward, pour a skinny layer of olive oil over high to maintain the sauce submerged to assist protect the colour. Then simply stir earlier than utilizing.
Make the filling: Warmth oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Saute onions, 10 minutes till tender and turning golden. Add the diced veggies, garlic, salt, cumin and oregano. Saute, till veggies are tender, reducing warmth if want be, about 7-Eight minutes. Add the squash blossom on the finish, wilting. Flip warmth off. ( You could possibly do that forward and refrigerate.)
Assemble quesadillas (See observe about tortillas): Unfold the tortillas with a few tablespoons of cashew cheese and a Three-Four tablespoons filling. Fold over. ( You could possibly do that forward too.)
Pan Sear: In a big greased skillet, pan-sear either side till flippantly toasty and insides are heat, about Four minutes either side. Preserve in a heat 350F oven till all of the batches are executed.
Serve: Lower in half or depart entire and serve with the Poblano Salsa on a serving platter or cutting board. Garnish with cilantro or squash blossoms.
Gently warming the tortillas (microwave, oven, fuel burner) and wrapping in a towel earlier than filling and folding will make them extra pliable (particularly corn tortillas) and assist them not break on the fold.
Key phrases: vegan quesadillas, zucchini quesadillas, zucchini recipes, squash blossom recipes, veggie quesadillas,